The Mid-Atlantic Masonry Association (MAMA) was formed in 2013 to disseminate information and promote the use of masonry in all aspects in the market area. Formerly the Masonry Institute, it services the geographic areas of Maryland, Washington DC, Northern Virginia, New Jersey and Delaware through a direct affiliation with the Pennsylvania Concrete Masonry Association, which originated in 1969.
The membership represents: masons; those who produce and distribute concrete masonry units including grey block, architectural block and lintels; brick distributors and manufacturers; and other masonry products including glass block, cast stone and manufactured stone masonry veneer. Also included in membership are those companies that supply goods and services to the industry as Associate Members.
The Program of Work creates a targeted approach to providing information and strategies to promote masonry as the premier building system. Committees address such topics as:
• Education of designers, specifiers, building code & municipal officials, and others on proper masonry applications for those currently in the field and those in training at our colleges and universities.
• Member education on the most cutting edge technologies for sustainable and energy efficient construction with masonry including new ASTM specifications and Building Image Modeling for Masonry.
• Workforce Development efforts through Vo-tech School instructor training assistance, Skills competitions and workshops.
• Promotion of masonry products and services within the geographic area.
• Networking events where member can share best practices and camaraderie.
Durable – Non-combustible – Mold Resistant – Environmentally Friendly – Beautiful – Easily Maintained - Locally Produced Materials artfully crafted on site by Local Masons.
Clearly the best choice for your next project.